Monday, August 22, 2011

I Love My Kiddos!

So today after school, instead of starting to grade my kids' letters about English, I decided to read through their "all about me" surveys.

Best decision ever!

First of all, it was really fun for me to get to learn a little more about the kids and what's "in" now -- like JUSTIN BIEBER. Oh my goodness. Pretty sure I underestimated the degree to which some preteen girls are SERIOUSLY obsessed with Justin Bieber.

Mainly, though, I loved reading the surveys because it reminded me of how much I ADORE middle schoolers. They're so earnest, all of them (though some a little deeper down than others). I was so floored by how much some of them shared with me -- one about her struggles with an unnamed learning challenge, one about how if he could have one wish it would be for his parents to get back together, one about how "I am actually a good kid". It just makes me want to CRY and HUG THEM!!! They are so precious!

So. Tomorrow, I am going to take the time to tell all my classes how much I enjoyed reading their surveys, and how much I enjoy and appreciate their being in my class. I hope they believe me. Because it's true... I love every single one! =)

~Rebekah

1 comment: