Saturday, November 5, 2011

In Which Rebekah Devises A Cheaper Method of Earring Obtenation.

I've been getting a little itchy for a new pair of earrings lately. After perusing the jewelry rack at Penney's (no more Target clearance earrings for me here!), I realized that buying earrings gets pretty pricey... so when I was at Wally-Mart today I hopped over to the craft section and picked up some beads, wire, and hooks. I've been contemplating the idea of making my own earrings ever since a couple of my friends in college gave it a try... but today I decided to just go for it! Here are my first attempts! =)

Earrings #1! I figured I'd better start out simple. =)

Earrings #2! Still pretty simple, but less flimsy.

Earrings #2 close-up.
That's all she wrote for now -- tune in next time for more earring escapades! (Actually probably some other sort of escapades... but alliteration is fun.)

~Rebekah

p.s. No, "obtenation" is not a word that I know of. But it follows the general rule of English noun endings and it's fun, darn it, so I'm going to keep it up there! =)

3 comments: