Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Long Weekend

Hi there, guys and gals!

It's been a bit since I've written... so a quick update!

  • Parent-Teacher conferences were held at my school on Thursday and Friday (hence the long weekend). I was pretty nervous... but in the end, everything went really well, I thought. I got a lot of much-needed Spanish practice, too, as about 75% of my parents were primarily Spanish-speaking. Good times!
  • Daniel's parents have been down to visit since Wednesday (and mine were here at the start of the month, don't remember if we mentioned that earlier). It's been super great to have both of them come be a part of our new little establishment here. 
  • This morning (while the Jacksons were still with us) we had a really good conversation about "mawwiage" and serving each other. That combined with the other part of the conversation (about my class/school and social contracts) inspired Daniel and me to make a social contract for how we will treat each other! Here's a picture:
    We had so much fun making it together! We're hoping and praying that it will help us to remember to be each other's spouses first before we try to go be teachers and preachers and all those other things we do.
Anyway, just wanted to share a little update. School is going pretty well -- I can't believe we're already more than 1/4 done, and Thanksgiving will soon be upon us. Then it'll be Christmas before we know it, and then spring assessments, and then... it'll be done, and I bet I won't believe it went so fast! But until then, we just keep pluggin' away. =)

Hope you all are well -- drop us a line sometime! We love catching up. =)

~Rebekah

2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome!! It was great to be with you, and so fun to see your little application of Jim's challenge. Yea! You inspire us in many different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and quite inspirational...maybe Ben and I will have to try one of our own.

    Life goes so fast, doesn't it!

    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete