Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me...

Sooooooo today is my 24th birthday. Since it's my first year of teaching (and therefore teaching is my WHOLE LIFE) I didn't really plan much (read: I totally forgot it was my birthday until I was planning school work for this weekend and saw the date), but I was still happily surprised by a few little birthday sweetnesses from folks. For example, this morning when our worship leader read my prayer request (thanks for another year of life), he took one look at me and then started singing happy birthday (thus leading the entire congregation along too). It was funny and happy. =)

Here's another one: Daniel realized he hadn't gotten anything for my birthday (since I forgot about it, it's not surprising that he did too!), so then he went to the grocery store and got stuff to make me a special dinner!
We had tasty breadsticks with hot marinara and garlic chicken, and he got me some dark chocolate pomegranate seeds for a special treat. Yum! Then after dinner he said our neighbors wanted to show me their new candlesticks they got, so we went over there and they had made me a carrot cake for my birthday -- candles and everything!
Laura (left) and Luchia (right) with me, my birthday cake, and my balloons!
Then to finish off the evening I called back my sister and my parents to chat with them for a bit. Good to catch up, and totally worth not finishing my grading. =)

Anyways, just wanted to share my little birthday surprises, so now I'm going to go finish my lesson plans and go to bed. The end!

~Rebekah

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! Sounds like a fun birthday. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! I'm glad you had some fun surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  3. !! It's not that I forgot your actual birthday, it's that it was all stretched out !! It started with Dominoes pizza and movies on Friday, then wine and homemade pizza on Saturday, then the aforementioned breadsticks and chicken on Sunday, and more celebratory wine on monday !! I still am saying things are for your birthday, and it's almost a week later :-)

    ReplyDelete